Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week 23

Symptoms:
Doing well, I'm sleeping better which is great. Some nights I don't even get up to go to the bathroom!! My hips still get achy at night, but the body pillow helps, I'd be lost without that thing. One night I woke up out of a dead sleep to a cramp in my hip/side, it was really strong so I kind of moaned a little and gasped, Brian immediately asked, "Is Bria ok?" I thought it was so cute because he was still half asleep but the first thing he thought of was his little baby. I told him she was fine and he went right back to sleep. The pain was short lived and I was able to shake it off and go back to sleep.

I have jam everyday. Anna gave me homemade jam and it is delicious, I am so spoiled. So everyday I either have toast for breakfast, dinner, or I have a PB&J for lunch. I can't get enough of that homemade jam! Not that I have anything against store jam, but let's face it, homemade jam rocks.

I can tell the difference between Bria's kicks/punches and when she is somersaulting/rolling. It's a funny feeling when she rolls and kind of tickles.

My secret fit maternity pants are cute, but fall down after 2 steps. I still have room to grow into them so maybe that is part of the problem, but my normal pants are uncomfortable so I don't like wearing those. I'm just kind of in between I guess.

I haven't been as hungry this week, guess she's not going through a growth spurt right now. My belly is kind of staying the same size, but maybe in the next few weeks she'll grow again. Then I'll be able to feel her more often which I love!

I ordered the bedding! I am beyond excited, it should arrive between next Wednesday the 5th-Monday the 10th. I'm hoping it arrives sooner than later but I won't hold my breath. It will just be so fun to have her room all cutsied up.

Baby:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

23 week Belly pic:

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah, you're adorable with your bump!
Sniff

Emilie said...

look at that belly! SO Cute!

Brandi said...

Oh Lindsey! I just want to rub your wittle bewwy!!!!! (That's baby talk for little belly) I am so jealous that Chris gets to see ya'll this week. Does MJ try to sit on Bria?

Lulu said...

I wish you and Austin could come to, but seeing Chris will be a little piece of you guys :)
MJ has not tried to sit on Bria yet, can you believe it? Apparently Austin looked more comfy to sit on in the womb.