Sunday, October 5, 2008

Week 19

*I split up the last post I did where I mixed the u/s pictures with the week 19 update.

Symptoms:

Things are moving right along. My belly is definitely getting bigger and people are commenting more and more on it. I love rubbing it and talking to her, especially now that we can say "her" and use her name.
I told little MJ that she was going to have a younger sister, she stared at me blankly, I think she's still in shock. But once she realizes Bria won't be able to deflect her constant licking I know she'll be elated. Every second I'm not watching the baby I know MJ will be licking her to death. As Brandi always said: Dog can't hold it's licker!
Still not craving anything crazy, loving my green apples and peanut butter protein bars. I could eat cereal for every meal, but that was true when I wasn't pregnant. My favorites right now are Shredded Wheat-Honey Nut and Corn Flakes. It changes every 2 weeks, that's when I go grocery shopping.
I'm just feeling really good and I am very thankful for that. I am about half way through the pregnancy, which means only 20 more weeks until we meet little Bria!


Baby:

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on her scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. *I actually did remember to take a 19 week belly shot, but our computer at home is painfully slow so I have a hard time getting motivated to download pictures from it. I will soon though!

Belly picture

No comments: