Thursday, October 23, 2008

22w 3d

The appointment went well yesterday. The doctor said baby looked really good according to the u/s and she was measuring on schedule. I asked about her measurements and how big she was but she couldn't tell me, I was kind of bummed about that since the whole u/s was the tech measuring her, but whatever. At least she is healthy and looks good. Her heartbeat is in the 150's so that is looking good as well.
I was so happy that Brian was able to make it to the appointment since at first he wasn't going to be able to. Even though it wasn't that eventful, I still love having him there.
I was a little shocked at how much weight I've gained to date, a total of almost 15 pounds. I've gained 5 pounds at each appointment so at least it's gradual I guess. I wish I wouldn't focus on weight, but I was just a little surprised since my eating habits haven't changed that much. In the last week or 2 my appetite has grown a little, but I usually have an apple or banana to help quench the growing hunger pains. I have a piece of candy here and there but I've always done that. If anything I am eating more healthy because I know I have a little one in there to supply for. Plus, my normal pants are still fitting, I just can't button them. So I'm not 100% sure where the extra pounds are going, besides the baby which does not equate to 15 pounds. I'm just going to try and be more active and watch what I eat even closer, I don't want to become overly obsessed though (after I ramble on for a paragraph about it).

After the appointment we went to a craft store because Jenny (my sis) told me they were having a big sale and the star I want for the nursery was marked down from $17.99 to $13.50. So I brought it up to the cash register and it rings up at $4.50!! It was an additional 75% off the clearance price!! I was ecstatic to say the least, I LOVE finding a good deal and holy cow was that a good deal.

I am getting really anxious to order the bedding, I can't wait to see it in person. It will help pull the nursery together more and I'll be able to see what shade of pink I need for decorating with. I'm thinking I'll get a better idea for wall decor once the bedding is in place.

That's about it for now, I'll update tomorrow on Week 22.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Glad to hear everything is going well!! Remember some of that weight is fluid, there's a lot in there and the placenta and the baby ofcourse! So you may not see it, but there's a lot of fluids in there ;) Keep up with the updates! Im excited for you!