Tuesday, October 7, 2008

20w 1d

I went to see my friend Shauna last Friday and her little girl, Aria who is 6 months old and adorable. Shauna and I cheered together at OSU and had some great times together, she is a phenomenal cheerleader, seriously. Anyway, she gave me a sack full of maternity clothes, 3 sacks full of baby clothes, and a newborn bath-the exact one I had registered for! It was so incredibly sweet of her and I really appreciate her generosity. The bonus is that Aria was born March 3rd and Bria's due date is February 20th so all the clothes were the right size for the seasons, yay! It was a lot of fun catching up with Shauna and hearing how she loves being a mommy. And oh-my did I have fun when I got home and looked at all the adorable clothes. It was seriously the best Friday night.

So we went to get the bedding on Saturday at Walmart and on our way Brian said, "Now remember, they may not have the bedding in the store, it might just be online." I sat there and couldn't believe I never thought of that, both Babies R Us and Target didn't have very much of their bedding selection in the store, most of it was online. So why did I think that Walmart Supercenter would have it? I was thankful he said that because it prepared me for the truth-no bedding at Walmart. I warned Brian I may lay on the floor and throw a tantrum because I wanted the bedding and I wanted it NOW! He thanked me for the warning and said he'd be in the tool section. Lucky for him I did not flop myself on the ground because it would've been uncomfortable and hard to get up. After some pouting we headed to Home Depot for an extra shelf thing for Bria's closet. I cheered up even more when I got a decaf pumpkin pie latte, mmm.

So we headed home and accomplished a lot that day. Brian put up the shelf in the closet which I am so excited about, thanks hun :) The closet is small in there so I wanted to add another place to hang clothes and a shelf.

Before

After

Then we painted the nursery! Well, Brian did most of it since I didn't want to breath in the paint fumes and get both Bria and myself high. Even with the window open and 2 fans going it was pretty strong in there. I would paint for 10 minutes and then take a long break. Anyway, we painted it a beige color and I just love it. On 2 of the walls we are going to do thick stripes. What color are the stripes going to be? The same beige color. So how will we see a difference and what is the point of that? Because we are going to do the stripes in a gloss finish. My stepmom did this with Cassidy's room and I just loved it. It's very subtle but just enough to add a little somethin'. So we are hoping to do that this Friday night, yep, we get crazy on the weekend!

Brian painting

Me and the belly painting

The 2 walls you see in this picture are the ones that are going to have the gloss stripes

I just love the color, did I mention that?

I was seriously in heaven doing the nursery. I feel like this is such a big moment and it helps it all feel more real. This is just such an exciting time and I'm trying to take it all in and enjoy it. Bria is making it easy on me to enjoy since I feel great. I love being pregnant (please remind me I said this in another 2 months or so when I'm complaining).

I know part of the reason I feel so great is my iron level. At 2 of my appointments the doctor's commented on how great my iron level was, they couldn't believe it. I told them I couldn't either because I've always been borderline anemic (most young women are) and that I owe it all to the prenatal vitamins. I've been taking them since January which I believe really helped.

I'm at the halfway point, wahoo!

5 comments:

Amy said...

you are too cute in that pic. you guys are luckiest and cutest parents ever.

Shannon said...

I love the pic of you painting, its so cute! And the thought of you throwing a tantrum on the floor of Walmart made me laugh so hard, Im glad it didnt come down to that though! :)

Jenn said...

Aw, the nursery is really starting to come together! It is so cute! Your belly is absolutely adorable and I like how you worded it "You and the belly painting" Too funny! I know what it is like to not get your bedding when you want it, so anytime you want to vent I am all ears :) But when it comes in, the wait is so worth it!

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

The nursery is looking awesome! I can't wait to see it all finished with the stripes (I may have to steal that idea). I'm glad Brian didn't have to peel your tantrum throwing butt off of Walmart's floor; but that picture in my head made me laugh so hard I almost peed! Yay for being half way through! You're looking fabulous!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Linds, you are the cutest! I love your baby bump! The nursery is so cute - the color is awesome! I'm excited to see it with the stripes. You are so lucky to get all those maternity and baby clothes. Hope you get your bedding soon! :)