Wednesday, October 15, 2008

21w 2d

Brian told me he won't be able to make it to the next appointment. I'm sad. I know I can't expect him at all of them, but he didn't go to the last monthly one either. The ultrasound wasn't at our doctor's office, it was at the hospital. Anyway, I'm just being whiney and pouty. They really are just quick check ups but still, I want him there.

Ok, enough of the pouting, I do have exciting news. I felt Bria kick on the OUTSIDE! I felt it Monday night and I was so excited, I immediately grabbed Brian's hand (we were in bed reading) so he could feel, she did it again but he said he didn't feel it. :( I felt her again last night but Brian still has yet to feel her. It is really cool to feel it on the outside of my tummy, I love it. This morning while sitting at my desk I believe she was doing some pilates, they were little movements but she was pretty consistent for a few minutes. Then I think she got tired and konked out. I just love feeling her move, it is such a wonderful feeling.

My mom told me she got my blanket out of storage which made me so excited, let me explain. My grandma (mom's mom) would always knit a blanket for her grandchildren's first born (so her great grandchild). When I was 17 I got all worried that she wouldn't be around for my first born (I've been thinking about babies for a long time). For graduation she made me my first born's blanket and I was so excited. She crocheted it and it is just beautiful (picture to come), want to hear the cool part? It's pink. She just knew I guess. From then I always figured I would have a girl first since that baby blanket was pink, and look at where we are now! My grandma passed away this year in April and I like to think that she helped pick out my little girl in heaven. I can't wait to wrap Bria in that blanket as it has such a special meaning.

4 comments:

The Beavers said...

Next time you feel her moving you have to LOOK at your bare belly...I never thought to do it until my doc suggested it. It's so AWESOME when you can see your stomach bounce around where she kicks...keep me posted.

tegner two said...

there is no doubt that she did...makes me cry...

Sarah said...

congrats on the kicking and I love the story of your granny's blanket!

Jenn said...

I seriously think I am crying after reading the part about your grandma. That is just wonderful that she made it so soon for you and KNEW that it was a girl :)