Saturday, October 18, 2008

Week 21

Brian felt her kick! Friday night we were laying on the couch and she was being pretty active, so I told him to keep his hand on my stomach for awhile and be patient. He had it there for 5-10 minutes and she finally kicked. He felt her a couple times and we were both so excited, we also looked at my belly and got to see her kick. Oh man it was so much fun, we were loving it. I had M&M's that night and Sherbert ice cream so I think she was letting me know that was a good dessert :)

Symtpoms:
Leg aches during the night. I don't get cramps, but my calf or knee will start aching bad enough to wake me up. I usually get up to go to the bathroom or switch positions in bed. After awhile it lessens and I'm able to go back to sleep.
Increased appetite. I'm trying really hard to at least eat healthy snacks, but I definitely find myself eating more and still being hungry an hour later. I've been snacking on an apple or banana to help quench the hunger, but I must admit to an occasional fun size snickers or tootsie roll.
Kicks :) Feeling her move around has been absolutely wonderful, I love it. It makes me know that she is doing ok in there and everything is fine. When I try to poke her back she immediately stops, so I just have to rest my hand on my stomach if I want to feel it.

Baby:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey girlfriend, so glad Brian got to feel Bria kick!!!!

Cramps are normal, but extra potassium (as long as it's cool with your doc) will help a little. More bananas or a Gatorade should do the trick.

Sniff