Monday, October 20, 2008

22w

So I think I got Brian's cold. He got sick last Tuesday and is still sick, mainly his throat is on fire and is killing him. Friday morning I woke up with a lovely sore throat and stuffy nose. I decided to stay home from work to try and kick the sickness in the rear, I think it actually helped since Saturday I was feeling better. But Sunday and today my throat was still hurting and my nose is stuffy today. Just trying to drink lots of fluids and get rest.

I forgot to note a few symptoms in my last post, namely: acne. My chin is breaking out and it sucks, I know my AcneFree is trying to do it's job but these pregnancy hormones are winning out. I've got some monsters on my chin that I would really like to go away! Also, Sherbet. I've always enjoyed Sherbet ice cream but have never gone as far as to purchase a gallon at the store. Well I did just that last week and every night I have a small bowl of it. I rationalize it by saying that it has fruit in it and I don't add any chocolate or fudge to it, funny how we can rationalize anything huh? Anyway, I'm loving Sherbet right now.

Guess what I got in the mail?

This adorable crocheted beanie and bootie set, I just love it! My friend Jenn whom I met through a TTC forum (among many other wonderful women whom I adore) sent these to me and I just love them. She also sent an adorable pair of yellow booties that have a little bow. It's amazing the love and support you can get from people you meet on the internet.

Bria has been pretty quiet lately, just little nudges here and there, I'm debating whether or not to devour more M&M's since she seemed to like those on Friday :) I feel like I'm at a good stage right now, I'm not uncomfortably large but I feel that I look pregnant and not bloated.

I got a recommendation for a pediatrician so in a few months I'll probably call her and schedule an appointment. I also need to sign up for birthing classes since they fill up fast. I think the next one that meets once a week starts in January so I guess that'll be the one we go to, unless we decide to do a Saturday class.

My mom is taking me shopping this weekend, yay! When Jaime got pregnant with her first (Jaidyn) my mom took her maternity clothes shopping and got her some must haves, so she is doing the same for me. We are heading to the big town of Portland since it has the best shopping, and that means we get to have lunch with my cousin Lanie! She moved to Portland and I still haven't seen her so I'm excited to finally give her a hug and welcome her to Oregon officially ;) It should be a fun day.

2 days until my next appointment. I'm excited because they will be going over the 20 week ultrasound. Since we didn't hear from them after the ultrasound that is good, no news is good news. But now we get to hear details of how things are looking and hopefully get a size estimate of the little one. Wahoo!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the hat set. Very cute!

Jenn said...

How cute is that set!! I have one that is similar that a child on my caseload's grandmother sent to me. How sweet?! Arent the hand-made gifts the best?

Kris and MaLanie said...

The beanie and booties are precious! What a fun gift! I can't wait to see you this weekend! :)