Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 37

FULL TERM BABY!!! Can I get a woo woo!
Any time you want to come out now Bria, please feel free to do so :)

Surprisingly I actually slept better this week than I have in awhile. A few nights this week I only made 1 bathroom trip!! That is unheard of so I was thrilled beyond words. I noticed I wasn't quite as tired during the day so I'm very thankful for these good nights and hope they continue. I'm still going for walks, 7 days a week :) In addition to my evening walks I try and get out on one of my breaks at work and take a walk which feels really good. I would say 4 days a week I am walking 35 minutes and 3 days a week I'm totaling 55 minutes, not bad for a 9 month pregnant lady. My next goal is to get Brian to walk with me, at least on the weekends, I need a walking partner.

Symptoms:


Smaller appetite. I am noticing I'm not quite as hungry anymore which is nice. Although I'm still gaining weight so apparently it doesn't matter how much walking I do or how healthy I eat. A little frustrating, but worth it. I eat more often but I eat smaller portions since there's not a lot of room in there.

Braxton Hicks. Lots of Braxton Hicks this week, still not painful just a little uncomfortable. My belly just gets rock hard and it feels like everything in there is squeezing so tight.

Swelling. My ankles will occasionally swell throughout the day, but by the next morning they are almost back to normal. My hands are swelling a little as well during the day, enough so that I am wearing a fake wedding ring that is a size bigger than mine. This way I still look married and people don't glare at me for being a pregnant teen (since I look about 17).

As far as food goes this week there is nothing new, just my usual cereal and toast. I'm making sure to put peanut butter on my toast so I get protein.
I think that is about it for symptoms this week, not too many.


Baby:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

9 comments:

Kendra and Nathan said...

Congratulations on being full term! I have loved coming on here every once in a while and seeing how you and baby are doing. Wow, what a journey...how great to have it all recorded, even down to what you ate through the whole thing. You are going to be a wonderful mom, but who doesn't know that?! :)

Lindsay said...

Woo Hoo!!! CONGRATS! Now where are our 37 week photos??

Brandi said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie @ Living Loving Crafting said...

That's awesome. Full Term and getting sleep!

Danielle said...

Yay!!! Congrats on full term. Welcoms to the fake wedding ring club!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are 37 weeks! I miss talking with you!

Sarah said...

Woo woo! You're such a good little adorable pregnant lady with your walking; I'm such a freaking slacker.

Sniff

Emilie said...

Yeppie! Very happy to hear your full term. Any day now!

Kari said...

Congrats for making it full term! Seriously, so many worries are behind you now. Very soon you'll be holding your little girl. YAY!