Tuesday, January 20, 2009

35w 4d

So as I said in the previous post, my co-workers were so kind and threw me a baby shower last week. I am so incredibly grateful to them, they are all so generous and we got some adorable outfits and blankets for little Bria.

Here is the cake:

One of my co-workers, Chris, made a diaper cake and it was a huge hit. Here it is in my cubicle:

Me with my adorable diaper cake:

One of the many adorable outfits:

Another adorable little outfit:

The Rainforest Jumperoo!

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I'm just so appreciative to everyone for their support and generosity.

Last night we had our second childbirth class and we again had a great time. We started the evening by separating the guys and girls and each group had to make a pros and cons list of the pregnancy. So we would shout out different things for the writer to put on the board for both positives and negatives. After we had put down a bunch of stuff for both I added that the larger breasts are a huge positive so we all laughed and put that down. Then they brought the guys in and they also had that on the positive side which was funny. But what was hilarious is that Brian is the one that said that! So he brought it to the attention of the class that we had each said that and everyone got a kick out of it, guess we're meant to be :)
We went over more relaxation techniques which are incredibly helpful. The women massaged our coaches for awhile before it was their turn to massage us. She instructed different methods for different stages of contractions and then we went over more breathing tips. Next week we get a tour of Labor and Delivery so that should be fun. I'm really enjoying these classes.

I know I should be scared and nervous about the labor and delivery part of it all, but I am just completely ecstatic. Obviously not about the pain, but I'm over the top excited to meet this little girl that I don't even have room to feel scared. I know I probably sound crazy, but I can't help it. I'm so looking forward to holding Bria and seeing what she looks like that I'm not nervous about the pain. Oh well, I'm sure once I start contracting that I'll get scared :)

Things are still going well with the pregnancy and I have more good days than bad. The bad days are just those days where I'm tired and ready to be done being pregnant, but those are expected right?
I'm still going for my 2 mile walks every night (or in the mornings on the weekends) and I'm glad that I've kept that up. I don't even waddle on the walks, I actually speed walk. Well, it's speed walking for me and my short legs.

I have my next appointment this Friday and they are doing the Strep B test. It's possible that I might have an internal exam since I'll be 36 weeks but it depends on which doctor I see and what they do. So who knows, I don't really care either way since it really won't tell me a lot. Some women can be 2 cm dilated for weeks while others are 0 dilated and go into labor within 2 days. I start going every week to my appointments which is just crazy, we are getting so close!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How nice of your co-workers, looks like you got some nice stuff!

Lindsay said...

I'm so impressed that your still walking! That's awasome!

Danielle said...

That was so sweet of your co-workers! What a cute cake! That's great you are still walking. Walk a mile for me! :-)