Tuesday, January 13, 2009

34w 4d

1st childbirth class-check.
Brian and I both had a good time at our class last night. The instructor is really nice and the class is huge, there are 34 people in there. A lot of it is geared towards the coaches and how they help us get through labor, I like that. We sat in front of our coaches while they did some relaxing techniques, I think they should massage us every class :) We get to learn more in depth about what is happening during labor and what your body is doing. Right now Bria is laying with her head down, her back on my left side, and her legs and arms on my right. Since babies come out with their head facing down I was wondering when she would move into that position. Well I learned last night that it's not until she is making her way down the birth canal that she turns to get her head through, and then turns back to the side to get her shoulders out. Man, the whole birthing thing is amazing! Anyway, it's nice to be more informed and be able to ask questions. There is only 1 couple that is due before us (they are due February 14th-cute huh?) so I'm hoping we're one of the first to give birth. The rest have due dates of March or April.
I must say, Brian is pretty darn adorable. He is just so into it and excited, I think he'll be an amazing coach.

Bria's movements are definitely stronger so I can tell she is growing. Sometimes she'll kick so hard it'll make me jump and cringe at the same time, but then of course I laugh and hope no one saw me, otherwise they may try and drive me to the hospital thinking I'm in labor. Bria is pretty active during the day, as I'm typing this she is moving around like crazy in there. She is not as active during the night which is backwards from what I hear is the norm.
I got the sharpest pain in my back the other night and it caught me so off guard that I let out a scream. I scared Brian so bad he said he was ready to warm up the car and head to the hospital. I started laughing and told him I'll try not to scream like that, it just slipped out because it startled me.

My sister's and mom sent out the invites for the baby shower they are throwing for me! The invites are really beautiful and I'll try to take a picture of it to post. I was all giddy when I got it in the mail and can't wait for the shower. It's family and close family friends, I know we'll have a great time and I love getting together with all these amazing women in my life.
Speaking of baby showers, my co-workers are having one for me on Thursday! I do work with some very generous people and I feel so warm and fuzzy that they want to have a shower for me. I'm looking forward to that shower as well. Many events to get excited about :)

I have been doing so good about going for walks every night, MJ and I do almost 2 miles when I get home from work. It feels really good to get out and I know MJ is loving it. Last night was the first night I didn't go on account of our childbirth class. I think taking 1 day off a week is ok though, especially since I went for 2 walks on Sunday. My goal was to go at least 4 times a week so I am still surpassing that.

Only 38 days until my due date, wahoo!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I am so excited about your childbirth classes :o) Not that I think you need them- you have more labor and delivery experience than some Med students!

Danielle said...

I just learned about the twist and turns in the birth canal last night at my class! I thought the baby just came out...not so. They haev a whole little dance to go through!

Emilie said...

Its hard to believe that soon you will have a baby in your arms. You are getting close, thats very exciting! :) Glad to hear the classes are going good.

Keep my posted! ;)

Sarah said...

Wow, you're way better than me with the working out! I need to get off my lazy butt.

Sniff