Friday, January 9, 2009

Week 34

We had a great appointment today! I met with Dr. Tina Gain for the first time and oh my goodness she was the sweetest thing. Brian liked her as well, thought she was maybe too happy, but I told him that is what I need. I just loved her and hope she is on call when I go into labor. Although, all the doctors are really nice so I won't complain whoever it is.
Anyway, my blood pressure is still good and she said I look nice and healthy. Most importantly though, Bria is doing well. She is in a vertex position, so she is head down and optimal for delivery, wahoo! Dr. Gain showed Brian all of Bria's different body parts and had him feel her bum, back, and head. She was very impressed that he got in there, most guys are timid and don't want to squeeze or push too hard. But Brian observed how hard she was pushing so he did the same. He is excited now that he knows where all her different body parts are and can feel them. Her heart beat is in the 140's and going strong. It was just so good to hear that Bria is doing well and everything looks and sounds good.
At my next appointment I'll get the Strep B test and then start going every week!

Symptoms


Nausea. Still feel nauseous on and off, some days are worse than others. I'm not sure what really sets it off either which makes it hard to try and avoid. I actually threw up on Saturday which I was not expecting. I had my normal breakfast of cereal and toast, then ate a little cinnamon roll and was sipping on hot chocolate. It went down the wrong tube so I was coughing a little then sat down on the couch and all of the sudden out of nowhere my hot chocolate comes right back up. All over my new electric blanket that was keeping me warm since our furnace had gone out. Brian thinks I shouldn't drink hot chocolate anymore but there is no way I can give that up!

Belly tightening. I've noticed that my belly will get really hard and feel tight every once and awhile, are these braxton hicks? I seriously have no idea. They don't hurt, they just feel kind of weird.

Extreme excitement. I am ecstatic beyond belief, I cannot wait to meet this little girl who squirms, hiccups, and kicks in my belly. I am so in love with her already it's not even funny. I can't wait to see her little face and hear her cry, it seems absolutely surreal that we have 6 weeks, give or take depending on when she is ready, until we meet her. Oh I can hardly contain my excitement!

Heavy belly. When I go for walks (which by the way I have been very good about, I know MJ appreciates it) my belly just feels so heavy. All my stomach muscles feel like they are holding on for dear life. Doing chores around the house is really hurting my back too, but I must get it done. My belly belt helps so I need to remember to wear it when I'm up and about.

I think that is about it for symptoms. Things are still going very well and I feel good which I am so thankful for. I'm trying to slow down and enjoy these last few weeks, it's hard when all I can think about is meeting this little girl and seeing what she looks like, giving her kisses, and snuggling her up. But I do love feeling her move around in my belly and knowing that she is safe inside me.


Baby

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Belly pic (It was a long day)

4 comments:

The Beavers said...

You are adorable! I can't wait to meet her either!
And the belly tightening probably is Braxton Hicks. That's what mine felt like...every morning. No pain, just tight. I asked my Dr. and said that's what mine were!
Hang in there...Not long left!!

Leslie Collins said...

What an adorable baby belly.

I had exactly what you are experiencing. Yes, they are Braxton Hicks. I had them for weeks and really thinked that having them helped me have such a short labor...I could be wrong.

Can't wait to hear more updates. It won't be long! :)

Danielle said...

That's awesome that you like your dr! I've only met with my actual Dr. once, and I don't think she smiled once! Good for Brian for getting in there and feeling for Bria! So cute!!

Sarah said...

Awwwww, you're so cute with that belly! Glad you have a doc you like, and Jack can't wait to meet Bria. =D

Sniff