Tuesday, January 27, 2009

36w 4d

Well yesterday was our 3rd childbirth class and we are still enjoying it. We got a tour of the labor and delivery floor and saw all the rooms and everything which was fun. We also watched another video of a baby being born and then the placenta being delivered. Oddly enough watching it only made me more excited, just the thought of finally getting to see Bria is incredibly thrilling beyond words.

I had lots of braxton hicks yesterday and in the evening, but then they completely stopped once I was in bed. She was also really active yesterday and I just love when her little feet kick because they are so tiny. I can't wait to rub and kiss those little things.

This last weekend we hung a few more items in the nursery and I was all giddy with excitement. On one side of the window we hung a pink canvas frame that her foot prints go in, and on the other side of the window we hung a little white shelf and put her name on it. Originally we were going to hang the letters above the crib but we really like the pink letters on the white shelf, they just pop. So now I think we'll use the 3 little square fabrics that came with the bedding to hang above the crib which should look nice. Then the last thing are the curtains. I'm not a huge fan of the curtain that the bedding came with, it's cute but just wasn't doing it for me. So I decided I want floor length brown suede curtains, of the tab top variety. I think that will look really good since we hung the pink on either side of the window. I'll try and remember to take some pictures of the nursery this weekend. I'm so excited with how it is coming along. Plus, I need to take a picture of this little girl's closet, it's stuffed full.

On Friday we are meeting with the maternity care coordinator and I'm excited to iron out all the details and get pre-registered. That will be another thing I can cross off my list. Speaking of the list, let's take a look at how I'm doing:

1. Verify the pediatrician is covered by Brian's insurance-Done, she is!
2. Call pediatrician-Done, although we don't do anything until we actually have Bria in the hospital, at which point we just tell them who our pediatrician is.
3. Find a list of what to pack for the hospital-Done
4. Pack hospital bag-In progress (probably will be until we actually leave for the hospital)
5. Create a phone list for people to call when I go into labor-done
6. Iron out details for when I go into labor-Done, we will drop MJ off at my moms and head to the hospital. Once we get confirmation I am in active labor we will get settled, and then start making the calls. In the room with us will be: my mom, Brian's mom, Jaime, and Jenny. My Dad and Anna will also come visit of course and maybe Heather if it's on a Saturday :)
7. Pick coming home outfit for Bria-Done, although I'm open to changing it if we get something before then.
8. Clean and organize house-In progress (always, this is broken down into more detail below)
9. Wash bottles and teething rings
10. Call Maternity Coordinator to go over birth plan and get a hospital tour-Done, meeting with her on Friday.
11. Pre-register (this will be done on Friday when we meet with the maternity coordinator)
12. Get MJ's bag ready
13. Check to see if insurance pays for some of breast pump
14. Organize little table in computer room
15. Organize kitchen
16. Organize downstairs closet
17. Organize upstairs hall closet-Done

So here is the new revised list with some additions (how am I ever going to complete the list if I keep adding to it?!):
1.
Pack hospital bag-In progress (probably will be until we actually leave for the hospital)
2. Clean and organize house-In progress (always, this is broken down into more detail below)
3. Wash bottles and teething rings
4. Pre-register (this will be done on Friday when we meet with the maternity coordinator)
5. Get MJ's bag ready
6. Check to see if insurance pays for some of breast pump
7. Organize little table in computer room
8. Organize kitchen
9. Organize downstairs closet
10. Hang 3 fabric pieces above crib
11. Buy and hang curtains

Not too shabby :)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

You're doing great! Keep it up!

Emilie said...

Oh my gosh, are you nesting or what!??! haha! That's great that you are getting everything on your list done. That is always an awesome feeling.

My its getting close, its so hard to believe that you are 36 wks already. Im so excited, you have no idea lindsey! haha! :)

Carly said...

you are doing great! and i am totally cutting and pasting this list :)

Tasha Coltrin said...

You look so good and I can't wait to see you little one. I'm so excited. It is so cool that Lanie is prego too. Let hope she has a little girl too. So they can be just like us. :) How fun. I miss you and hope all is going well. Love ya.

Jenn said...

You are doing a great job! I just wanted to let you know that there were some things that I still needed to do and especially since Emma Kate decided to come 9 days early. The hospital bag was finished being packed the night I knew I was having contractions- no problem there. We hung her letters on the wall the night I was having contractions- no problem there. There are still some things that need to be organized and although I am lacking sleep, I try and do some of that while she is napping.

Annette said...

I am so excited for you! And I can't wait to see pictures of your baby once she arrives. :)