Monday, February 2, 2009

37w 3d

My appointment on Friday went well, just a normal quick check up. I measured a little small (could've fooled me, my belly feels huge!) but at this point that is pretty normal. The office did make a mistake and had me scheduled for 2 pm, but the appointment card they gave me (and the time I requested) was for 3:15 pm. So they thought I was late, but I fortunately keep my appointment cards and showed them. Since it was their mistake they squeezed me in real quick so it was an extra fast check up. The good news is I didn't gain any weight, so I guess my walking is helping after all! Bria sounds great and is head down, getting ready for birth.
Before that appointment though we met with the maternity care coordinator, Betty, and it was nice to get our questions answered. We finished pre-registering so that is something I can cross off my list. We also went over the birth plan, I don't have a lot of requests since I know things usually don't go as you expect them too. I just want to make sure I get to breastfeed ASAP.

Saturday was my shower (I haven't uploaded my pictures yet so those will be coming)! It was so much fun, I can't even express how grateful I am to my mom, sister's, and step mom. They did an unbelievable job, seriously. Jenny went all out and then some on the decorations, everything was perfectly coordinated in pink and brown. She even had a wooden stork out front of the house with balloons, which one of our neighbors thought was because we had her, lol. She got beautiful brown and pink linens for the table and then had gorgeous little vases with pink roses in them, tied with a brown ribbon. She also got these beautiful white parasol's and hung pink binkies from them, so cute. Every little detail you can think of, Jenny did it. Jenny's husband, Kyle, is in the party renting business. His family owns a party rental store so she has great resources available to her. And it makes me think she should do this professionally! My mom and Anna did the food and my goodness was it delicious. We had amazing artichoke dip with bread, crackers, cheese, chocolate fondue with all kinds of things to dip in it (strawberries, pineapple, short cake), a fruit platter, adorable pink cupcakes with brown M&M's, and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting. Funny story about the M&M's: They were the little mini cupcakes (which I love and are easier to eat at a party) but the M&M's were the regular size so only one fit on it, so it looked like a boob and we thought it was hilarious and very fitting.
Jenny also made delicious chocolate mousse that was to die for. My mom made an unforgettable punch that included: sherbert ice cream, pink lemonade, water, and sprite. Oh my gosh, it was awesome. Jaime had really fun games planned, we did The Price is Right, Baby edition where you guess the price of the baby items and can't go over. We also did the celebrity baby game where you matched up the celebrity parents with their babies, man those celebrities give their babies weird names. And at my request we did the baby food game where you taste different baby foods and guess which flavor it is. Vegetables are horrible, seriously, give me raw veggies any day over that baby food stuff! But I'll have to put my best act on and pretend to like them when I give them to Bria for the first time.
We had lots of fun talking and socializing and it was just a wonderful time. We received so many wonderful and thoughtful gifts which we of course are so grateful for. Lots of stuff off the registry which was very exciting for me, it was awesome to get the things we need. A few of the items included: car seat protector, back seat mirror, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, crib sheet, receiving blankets, gift card, papsan swing, photo mobile, Nursery Rhyme book, pink & brown canvas baskets, and bumbo tray.
I had so much fun showing Brian everything and got started sorting the stuff on Sunday. I have one load of her laundry to do and then I should be good. Heather also got us a basket of newborn to 6 month clothes from a friend of hers and wow they are cute. I will be going to the store to get more hangers :) Would you believe Brian and I have not bought one item of clothing but her closet is stuffed full? I love it. I'll take a picture to show you Bria's unbelievable wardrobe.

Brian attended his Daddy Boot Camp class on Saturday and absolutely loved it. I am so glad our hospital has that class, it's for first time Dad's and it's guys only. There is an instructor there as well as a few veteran Dad's with their babies. So Brian got to change his first diaper :) They give them a really helpful book and talk about what to expect. Since no mommies are allowed the guys are free to open up and talk which I think is just awesome. Brian left the class feeling more excited than ever and was so pumped. He was adorable when he got home, he couldn't stop talking about it and it just made me so happy. I highly recommmend this class to all first time Dad's, hopefully there is one in your area!

Sunday was suppose to be the day we got the last minute purchases that we needed since Saturday was the last baby shower before Bria comes. I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this day, I just couldn't wait to get the car seat and have it installed. There were 2 things on the list that we needed: Travel System and the Diaper Champ. Easy enough right? Wrong, very very wrong. I started out Sunday innocently, excited about our big purchases and crossing things off our list. At long last we were going to get the car seat and officially be able to take Bria home when she decides to make her debut. We opted to go to a bigger Target than what our little town has to offer so we drove 35 minutes north. I anxiously hurry through the store to the baby department and spot the travel systems. This is where the day begins to go south, and it goes down fast. Not only is the selection not large, but they don't even have any in inventory. WHAT?! The only Graco they have is pink and brown, which of course I love, but wanted to get a neutral one in case our next baby is a boy. So we look for the Diaper Champ to at least make the trip somewhat successful, oh they don't have them in the store. I didn't have a melt down quite yet, we decided to go drive back home and go to our Target, at least they'll have some in inventory right? Nope. They have the same exact selection as the Keizer store, and once again they have nothing in stock. Why even have display models?? What is the point of that?! No Diaper Champ either. This is when I begin my 5 year old tantrum. Why does Target even have a baby section in their stores, they have minimal inventory and nothing stocked. I can't tell you how livid I was, this coming from someone who has previously loved Target. I whined in the store for awhile thinking that would help make our travel system appear, when it didn't we grabbed diapers and wipes that we had coupons for and headed home. I was utterly deflated and wanted to scream. But Brian being the practical guy he is said we would just get online and order it. We begin this process and all comes to a screeching hault when they only let you put in 4 giftcards, we of course have about 6. Brian calls Target and they tell him we need to go to Target and have them combine the gift cards. Sure, no problem, we like to go to Target multiple times a day. At this point I begin crying, I just can't hold it in any longer. This is what I am thinking: We want to purchase a travel system and diaper champ from Target, but the store doesn't carry them and we can't enter in all our gift cards online to purchase them. Why is Target making it so difficult?!?! Brian fears his wife has officially gone off the deep end so he returns to Target so they can combine our giftcards onto one.
This story does have somewhat of a happy ending in that he returned home, made the order online and we will be receiving the travel system any time between February 6th thru the 10th. The diaper champ will not arrive until the beginning of March, which really annoys me, but better that than the travel system.
It was a rough day to say the least.

So that has been the last couple days for us, very eventful and busy. I'm looking forward to a low key week and weekend. I want to tackle lots of stuff this weekend, much of which includes organizing :) It also includes a pedicure since my Mom so kindly got me a certificate for one, I'm beyond excited to get a pedicure.

I'm still feeling good pregnancy-wise, Bria is still moving but a little less than in previous weeks since she is running out of room. But I still feel her stretch and kick and just love it.
We have our second to last childbirth class tonight and I'm looking forward to going. I think that's it for now, my goal for this week: walk, walk, organize, walk.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Daddy boot camp sounds like a great idea! I'm glad brian was able to do that. And I'm so excited you were finally able to order the travel system and diaper champ. Hopefully the travel sytem will get here before Bria does!

Leslie Collins said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Target. What a bummer. I remember feeling like that with our stroller and carseat. It didn't feel "official" until we had those items. Hang in there. Those hormones can really take control, can't they? :)

Shannon said...

Your shower sounds so nice, cant wait to see pictures!

Carly said...

awww, lulu you are so sweet. Bria is such a lucky little girl