Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 39

Only 7 days until my due date, 1 week! We're getting there.
My appointment yesterday went well, everything is still looking good. Brian was able to go with me and I was really happy about that. When the nurse asked if I wanted an internal exam I said, "No, thank you." So the doctor came in and Brian was asking how far past my due date they would let me go, just as I had thought: 2 weeks. Gulp. So I could potentially be pregnant for another 3 weeks.
Anyway, she offered to strip my membranes and I was all for it, maybe it would help to get things going. Well, in order to have your membranes stripped you have to be a little bit dilated, even if it's just a finger tip. My cervix was shut tight, so no membrane stripping for me. However, I didn't cry because she did say the baby felt a little bit lower, the silver lining. So Bria is cooperating and getting ready, it's my darn body that isn't getting into gear. Let's hope that changes very soon.
It's my very last day of work today! I can hardly believe it and it definitely has not sunk in yet. I am hoping to be able to find lots of things to keep me busy next week if I haven't had Bria by then.

Symptoms:

Insomnia. Not sleeping well again, good thing I'm about done with work. Wednesday night was awful, I woke up at 2:30 am and could not get back to sleep for the life of me, I was wide awake. Normally I buckle down and lie there until I fall asleep, I have always taken a long time to get to sleep so I've trained myself to just sit tight. But I knew there was no way I was going to drift off and I was restless so I decided to get up and organize the computer desk and upload some pictures. I crawled back in bed at 4 am and was able to get back to sleep around 4:45 am, an hour before that dreaded alarm went off. Needless to say I snoozed a little extra.
Fortunately last night I only got up twice to use the restroom and I slept pretty good, I am very thankful for a good night's rest.

Impatience. I tossed and turned most nights (last night being the exception) because I wanted to go into labor so bad, I'm getting very impatient and want to meet Bria so much I can barely stand it. It's all I think about, Brian too.

Feeling extra large. I'm feeling extra large, especially in the thigh and butt area, I do not like full length mirrors right now. I'm just glad it's winter and I can cover up my chunky legs :)

Ready. I feel ready.


Baby:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.


And I have pictures of the nursery. Still to come are the curtains and wall hangings above the crib, we are also replacing the glider with a rocking chair. Not just any rocking chair, the rocking chair that Brian's Mom rocked all 3 of her kids in. Those 3 things will complete the nursery!



Anna got that cute pink lamp and we just love it!

I'm excited for the curtains, I think they'll really add a lot

View when you first walk in:

The amazing and wonderful canvas totes that Jenny got us, they fit perfectly and I just love them:

Here is the left side of her closet, on the top is a bin that holds her 3-6 month clothes, in the guest bedroom another tote holds her 6 + clothes:

And here is her newborn/0-3 month clothes. Can you believe this? She is one stylish little girl, I love all the clothes and plan to have many fashion shows :)
And since I had them on the camera I thought I would post pictures from our last childbirth class. Unfortunately the lighting was horrible in the room and our camera is pretty basic, but it shows how big our class was! I am the second one in from the left:

Here are the guys, I thought it was hilarious that Brian was by far the tallest guy.

And he was also the cutest :)
Still to come is a 39 week belly picture, I've been slacking on those. I'm hoping it'll be the last one, but something tells me it won't. Oh well, as long as Bria is healthy in there I am happy.

8 comments:

The Beavers said...

The sleeplessness...it's just preparing you for the days ahead:)

Amy said...

looks like you're ready to go! (accept your body that is!) i love the walls in her room. it's not an over kill of pink, and it stands out.

Kris and MaLanie said...

The nursery looks amazing Linds!! You are so prepared. I will pray that Bria comes in the next couple of days. Waiting is the worst! I love you!

Emilie said...

I was just thinking about you this morning, and wondering how you are doing! Crazy! Im happy you posted.

I hope that you deliever soon, its got to be hard not sleeping. Are you uncomfortable at all, or can you just not sleep from excitment?

They pictures are great! The room looks perfect and Im sure you cannot wait to add the missing piece! :)

Well just thought I would let you know i was thinking about you, and I hope you get some sleep before little Bria comes! Oh, I can't believe all the Clothes!!!! Thats crazy!

L said...

The nursery looks so cute! Can't wait to see it with the curtains. & Holy Cow that closet is packed with clothes. I love little girl clothes so darn cute:) Well I hope she comes out soon. Sending lot's of labor dust your way:)

Danielle said...

The nursery looks adorable!!!! I love the white cradle. It won't be long now!

Lindsay said...

I love the nursery! You all did a amazing job!!

Shannon said...

Your nursery looks so cute, I love it! I cant believe you're within a week from your due date, Im so excited for you!