Tuesday, February 10, 2009

38w 4d

I am happy to report that the eagle has landed, I repeat, the eagle has landed. We have our travel system! It came in yesterday and I am beyond thrilled.


It's perfect. I am happy to say that I like it in person even more than I like it online. I just like that it's gender neutral. To make sure people know that Bria is a girl though, I'll be dressing her in plenty of pink so no worries there :)
Brian put it together after our childbirth class and if it hadn't been 10 o'clock at night I would've put MJ in it and gone on a walk to try it out. But lucky for MJ I was exhausted and ready for bed. So now we just need to get down to the fire station so they can show us how to install it correctly, would you believe 80% of car seats are installed incorrectly? Crazy. So we're going to make sure our little one is safe and secure by leaving it to professionals.

We had our final childbirth class last night. I'm so glad we did the class, we both learned a lot and I think it'll help us when I go into labor. It reassured me that Brian is going to be an amazing coach, I'm one lucky girl.

I'm in my last week at work and oh my, is it rough. That is very sad considering it's only Tuesday morning, but I kind of expected this week to drag on. I've trained my co-workers on my job so I have very little to keep me busy. That and the fact that I have no motivation are working against me.
As much as I am looking forward to my baby retirement, at least work helps keep my mind of when in the heck I'm going to go into labor. Next week I'll be at home organizing and wondering if every little cramp is labor. I did schedule my pedicure for next Tuesday so that will keep me busy for an hour :)

Nothing else to report, still no signs of impending labor. I'm still going for walks everyday, twice a day. I really thought this walking was suppose to do something but it's been 7 weeks of me walking everyday and it appears it has done absolutely nothing. And it was a full moon last night too-no baby, so that theory is out the window.
But honestly, as long as Bria is healthy than I'm happy. I'm just impatient and want to meet her so badly!

I took some pictures of the nursery, including the stuffed closet, so I'll have to post those once I get my pictures uploaded. She has so many 0-3 months that I had to put the 3-6 months in a tub so I could hang all the other ones. So now I have a tub of 3-6 months, 6 months +, and her closet is stuffed full of newborn and 0-3. Let's just say she is set...and I love it. Guess I won't have to do any laundry for a few months ;)

Oh, since I've marked a few things off my list I want to revisit that:

1. Pack hospital bag-In progress (probably will be until we actually leave for the hospital)
2. Clean and organize house-I'm taking this off since I detailed it out below
3. Wash bottles and teething rings-Done!
4. Pre-register-Done!
5. Get MJ's bag ready-Done!
6. Check to see if insurance pays for some of breast pump-I think I decided to get a single manual pump since I plan on breastfeeding. We may rent the hospital one for a little bit if need be, we'll play it by ear.
7. Organize little table in computer room-Done!
8. Organize kitchen
9. Organize downstairs closet-Done!
10. Hang 3 fabric pieces above crib
11. Buy and hang curtains

Whew, needless to say it was a productive weekend and it felt great to get so much done. Let's look at the new revised list shall we?

1. Install car seat
2. Pack hospital bag-In progress (probably will be until we actually leave for the hospital)
3. Buy and hang curtains
4. Hang 3 fabric pieces above crib
5. Organize kitchen
6. Organize guest bedroom

I put them in order of importance, obviously it is not vital that I organize the kitchen or guest bedroom, it's just something I want to do and will keep me busy next week. I love how my list is shrinking, even though I add a few each time :)

My mom and I are now on the hunt for the perfect curtains. She brought some over that were really cute, brown suede ones from Fred Meyer's, but unfortunately the brown had a tint of red in it and didn't quite match the other dark brown in the nursery. So we'll have to keep searching. I think the curtains will really finish off the nursery so I'm anxious to find some and get them hung.

10 more days until my due date, holy cow!!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love your travel set, its so cute! And I cant believe only 10 days until your due date- come on Bria!

Amy said...

omg, you must be getting so ansty! i love how organized you are, it makes me jealous. i hope the rest of the week goes faster for you. i'm jealous that you get to do a baby retirement!

Lindsay said...

I love your travel system. I can't wait to see picts of the nursery! But more importantly I can't wait for little bria to get here. I can't believe you only have 10 days left! So exciting,

Danielle said...

Great choice with the travel system! It looks great. That's too funny about sticking MJ in there. The first thing we did when we got our jogger is put Jacques, our JAck Russell in there!

Carly said...

sounds like you are in great shape- and since today is wed, you are in single digits now. I can't wait to inter-meet Bria!!