Tuesday, February 3, 2009

To my daughter

Dear Bria,

These last 9 months have been nothing short of amazing. I have dreamed about becoming a mother since I was a little girl and dragged around my dolls, pretending to go to church. But now it is actually coming true and I am overwhelmed with joy. You are truly the answer to my prayers little one.
I still remember seeing those positive pregnancy tests (yes, I took 2) and being utterly elated that we were going to have a baby. A baby! I was on cloud 9 all day and couldn't wipe the smile off my face, neither could your Dad. We exchanged many smiles that day and could not believe our dream of becoming parents was coming true.

You have been so good to me while in the womb, I have enjoyed this pregnancy so much and cannot tell you how I've loved getting to know you. I love feeling you move around, kick, and squirm, it's the best feeling ever. Watching my belly move is hilarious and it makes me smile from ear to ear to picture you stretching in there. I laugh when you get the hiccups, which is usually when I lay down to go to sleep, but I can't be mad because it reassures me that everything is going well in there. Daddy loves to feel you move too and he's already giving you kisses goodbye when he goes to work, and kisses hello when he gets home.

I am irreversibly in love with you and we haven't technically even met yet, but it's true, I am head over heels for you little girl. Your father is no different, he is already calling you the most beautiful little girl ever and I'll tell you a secret: you have him wrapped around your finger already.

There are no words to describe how excited we are to meet you, we simply cannot wait. What color is your hair going to be? Will it be curly like Dad's or straight like Mom's? What color will your eyes be? Blue like Mom's, green like Dad's, or a pretty mix of both? I can't wait to see you for the first time, hold you, kiss you, rub your little toes, and just take you in. I'm sorry that your first impression of me will be a blubbering mess, you can count on me to be crying, but they will be tears of utter and complete happiness so don't worry.
I hope we have a safe and healthy labor and delivery little one. I know it's got to be a traumatic experience for you so let's try to make it easy on each other ok? You don't pull any tricks and scare us and I'll do everything to make your descent into this world as quick and painless (for you) as possible.

Although I simply cannot wait to see you, a tiny part of me is ok that you'll be inside me just a little longer. I know that once you come into our lives time is going to start racing by. I've gone over and over in my mind the day we bring you home and our first 2 weeks as a family getting to know each other, all of our "firsts" with you. Soon it will be a memory and I can hardly believe it, I want to hang onto these moments so much and I'm scared I'll blink my eyes and they'll be gone.

I feel truly blessed and thank God everyday for you and the miracle of being able to carry a healthy baby. It means so much and I feel truly honored that Heavenly Father has chosen me to be your mother. I want you to know how much I already love you and how much I'm looking forward to raising you. I love that you have a little piece of me and a little piece of your Dad in you, it makes my heart so happy. You are truly the greatest gift.

I love you Bria and can't wait to meet you.

Love,
Mom

14 comments:

Silvina said...

This letter is absolutely beautiful! One day when she reads it, she will see how happy you were. I know your going to be a great mom!!! I can't wait to meet her either.

Jeannie @ Living Loving Crafting said...

This is so heartfelt and beautiful. I teared up reading this. Little Bria is going to be so loved by wonderful parents! I'm so happy for you :)

Shannon said...

This is such a beautiful letter. You are such an amazing person and you are going to be an even more amazing mother. Im so happy for you!

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

And now I'm teary eyed. Beautiful letter :)

Jenn said...

How sweet is this letter?! Not to scare you, but you are one week exactly from the day I delivered! 38w5d!! Good luck. And yes, breast feed as soon as you can. I did and we are still making it happen so far. It is tough though!!! Keep at it once you start. It is worth it :)

Elisa B said...

I agree with the PP's. Such a beautiful, heartfelt letter. She's going to love it when she's older! BTW, your maternity photos are beautiful. Just gorgeous!

Brandi said...

Such a sweet letter! Now I feel bad I didn't write on for Austin ;o)
Good luck in your last weeks!!!!!!

flojat said...

I can't believe she's going to be here so soon! I adored the letter you wrote to Bria, and know she will love reading it when she is older.

Annette said...

Reading this made me cry! You are going to be such a great mom.

Kristin said...

Awwww....that is an amazing letter! Good luck with everything! I am so excited for you!

Kerri said...

This brought tears to my eyes! You are going to be a great Mom! (you alredy are!!!) I am excited to meet our next Fortie Baby!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I loved your letter. Bria will be able to read it some day and it will confirm to her the love she receives everyday. What a blessing she is coming in to.
I just have to say something though. Now you know how I felt when you and your sisters and brother came into this world. How I still feel about you now. There is nothing that compares to this little child that comes into your life and turns everything upside down. The heart is an amazing thing. You may not believe me now, but you will find that you will love Bria more with each new day. That's how I've felt since you were born.
Dad

LuLu said...

I shouldn't have read that at work, Dad, I love you so much. You are without a doubt the most amazing father. Never once have I doubted your love for me or any of us kids. Love you to the moon and back!

Sarah said...

She'll love reading this someday. A special gift for her!

Sniff