Friday, November 28, 2008

Week 27/28

Symptoms:

Feeling overly full and bloated. Ok, so maybe that has to do with the fact that it was Thanksgiving yesterday :) The sweet potatoes and berry pie were so worth it though, yum.

I took my glucose test on Wednesday, the drink wasn't that bad, although I'm glad it was only 8 oz. No news is good news so hopefully I don't hear from them.

Movement and irritability. I think those are the 2 main symptoms for week 28.
Bria is definitely more active at night, although it usually doesn't keep me up. I just notice when I go to bed she'll move a little and then when I take my bathroom breaks in the middle of the night I feel her. Every once and awhile she'll wake me up due to her kicks, but I don't mind. Every time I feel her move I let Brian know, I think he may be a little tired of me alerting him when Bria moves. Not that he doesn't like to feel her move or hear about it, but my constant updates are probably a little much.
Then there is my irritability. My patience is definitely way down and I get irritated easily. For those that know me, know this is unfortunately a characteristic of mine without being pregnant, so you should all feel sorry for Brian. The poor guy can't even breath without me giving him the death glare. When my hormones chill for a few minutes I take that time to tell him I'm sorry and that it's the hormones, please hang in there with me. Hopefully that makes up for it.

I understand now why pregnant women don't have a lot of pictures of themselves pregnant. Ugh. I've never been one to shy away from the camera, if someone points a camera at me my first response is to smile. Now I want to duck and cover when I see a camera. Not that I'm not proud of the belly, but pictures just aren't capturing the glowing pregnancy, they capture a full face and chunky body. So please be kind to pregnant women, if you capture an unflattering photo, the nicest thing you can do is delete it so no one has to see it.

The right side of my lower back is starting to hurt again, especially when I go for my walks. It's not horrible pain though, just a constant nag that worsens with activity. I'm able to work through the pain though, I want to keep my walks up.

I'm still loving my cereal and am starting to get stronger cravings. I feel such a strong urge for chocolate, I refrain at times, but other times I grab a few chocolate chips to help quench the chocolate thirst. Or maybe a small peanut butter cup that my cubicle neighbor keeps stocked at all times, darn her.

My cousin Lanie felt Bria move, she is the first one besides Brian to feel her move. Bria gave her a good hard kick on Thanksgiving, we think it was her way of saying I love you :) We are going to my mother-in-law's tonight and I'm hoping Bria will give some kicks for her and my sister-in-law, Heather, to feel.


Baby:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling so irritable recently. I hope your hormones settle down soon. ;-)

Carly said...

you look fantastic! the red shoes are adorable. I am sure Brian understand about the irratibility, he knows who he fell in love with (at least that is what i keep telling myself about my tears and eric).
I can't believe how close you are getting- congrats on being in your 3rd tri!

Sarah said...

You're hot, and I'm sure Brian understands. I feel like strangling Troy at times because he breathes so loudly! Maybe Brian and Troy should move in together for our last trimester? =D

Sniff

L said...

I am sure you look beautiful. The hormones suck, but before you know it Bria will be here. & those crazy freak out crying fits, will be forgotten. ((hugs))