Friday, November 14, 2008

Week 25

Symptoms:
Here are the cereals that I am into right now: Lucky Charms, Wheat Chex, Corn Chex, and Corn Flakes. I could also go for Captain Crunch but I refrain from getting too many sugary cereals, especially since I am eating it for 2 meals out of the day usually.

Hot. Sweaty hot, I woke up 2 nights ago and my whole body was damp with sweat even though we had already taken off the extra blanket we use in the winter. I was actually kind of excited that my internal heater kicked it up a notch finally as I'm usually always freezing. It got me thinking about how at this time of year I am usually freezing when I get home from work (I like to save money by keeping the heat at like 65 when we're home, don't worry, when Bria comes I'll keep it warmer-she's worth it!) and bundle myself up on the couch. But now in the evenings I'm perfectly comfortable which is great.

My sleeping just ain't what it use to be. I wake up at random times throughout the night and occasionally I won't be able to get back to sleep for awhile, my mind is racing and I can't calm down enough to drift off. Also sleep is getting less comfortable, I have a hard time finding the sweet spot amongst the 3 pillows that surround me: body pillow to put in between my legs, pillow behind my back, and a pillow for my head of course. What makes it tough is when I want to switch sides, I have to move all these pillows into place. But then I place my hand on my belly and smile-she's so worth it.

The other night she was kicking up a storm again and it was so much fun. Brian was so surprised when he felt her and asked, "Was that her?!" It was so weird to feel these lumps kick at my belly and move all over, I could not stop smiling. She was just going nuts in there! Move while you can babe, because I hear it's about to get snug in there.

I love the little smiles that strangers give me when they see my belly, I remember giving those same smiles when I saw a cute belly. Hopefully they are smiling at my belly and not a booger on my nose or something.

Tiff sent out the invites for my baby shower! I am so excited Tiff and Sara are throwing a baby shower for me, it is so sweet of them and I really appreciate it. It's December 6th and I just can't wait. I asked them if we could do it at my house because I thought it would be easier to not have to haul the gifts from one house to another, plus then I can show everyone the nursery :) My sisters and mom are also throwing me one in January and that will be more of a family one which will be fun. Can you believe it doesn't stop there? My mother-in-law wants to throw me one as well and wants to invite her friends, so about a month after Bria is born her and Heather (my other sister-in-law) are going to have one. She wanted to do it after Bria was born so that everyone could meet her little granddaughter which I thought was a cute idea. I feel so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life, so generous. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the showers and just getting all the women I love in the same room, that always makes for a good time.

I have started slacking on my belly pictures again, but no more! I will take one this weekend and I will also upload the pictures of the star in the nursery.

Baby:
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

I want pictures! :)
Hope you can get some sleep!

Brandi said...

Aww a baby shower? That will be so much fun! I wish I still lived behind you :o(