Wednesday, November 12, 2008

25w 2d

Cereal & toast, my love. As I've mentioned before I love breakfast food: cereal, toast, pancakes, eggs, you name it. I've always loved having cereal and toast for dinner, but with this pregnancy I'm taking it to the extreme and I eat it a majority of the time for breakfast and dinner. I can't get enough and it's hard to keep my cereal pantry stocked. You would think I'd get tired of it and maybe I will, but for now I absolutely love it.

We painted the big star that will go above the changing table, it's pink and it turned out even better than I had imagined it would. It's the perfect color pink and looks adorable all hung up. I will post pictures a little later, although due to my amateur photography skills the star looks white in pictures, but trust me, it's pink.

So my mom came over and looked at the nursery and glider and decided it would be easier to make some slip covers for the glider instead of trying to find new cushions. We are going to find a chocolate brown fabric to cover it with and I think it will look so nice, I can't wait. It would be perfect if we could find a swede fabric since the nursery bedding is swede, but we'll see. I also need to order another curtain since the one that came with the bedding is not quite long enough. I read that on the reviews and should have checked the measurements but I was blind to any flaws at that time and just wanted the bedding! After those 2 things I feel really good about the nursery and we'll focus on the essentials: diapers, wipes, clothes, those kinds of things :)

3 more months of work, I cannot tell you how happy that makes me, although it also decreases my motivation even more which I didn't know was possible. Our budget will definitely be tight since I'll be staying home, but so worth it.

As I type my little one is rolling around in there and I just love it. I'm still in that phase where I love when she moves, she just seems so quiet and calm that I don't feel her all that often so when I do it is very welcomed. 2 nights ago she was moving all over, it was the most she's ever moved (that I've felt) and it was cracking me up. I was feeling tons of kicks (Brian felt some too) from the outside, then she'd roll around and do somersaults, than kick, than punch. It was quite a routine and I loved it. When I lay down for bed that is definitely when she is most active, which I've heard. Luckily Brian and I get into bed early to read so it doesn't keep me from sleeping. By the time I actually lay down to go to bed she is done moving around.

My sweet hubby. ~If you have a weak gag reflex you may not want to read this paragraph, just a warning, I'm going to brag about my awesome husband. Again, since this is my pregnancy journal I want to jot these little moments down so I don't forget them.~ Brian is one of those people that can talk and b.s. pretty easily, sometimes he'll deliver some corny pick-up lines on me and I usually just laugh at him. I also know when Brian is being very genuine since I've known him for 7 years now and we've been together for 5. Anyway, I was getting ready for bed and just had my underwear on. He was laying in bed and he looks over at me and says, very genuinely, "You are the sexiest pregnant woman ever." I couldn't tell him enough how much that meant to me, I already suffer from being self-conscious, so being pregnant is just adding to that. But when he says things like that out of the blue and not being prompted by me complaining, it means so much. Especially now that I feel my hormones kicking in a little bit. The last week or 2 I've noticed I get angry more easily and I don't like it. He's been pretty good about not playing into it and just letting me get it out, which is really the best thing to do. Let me throw my tantrum, then give me a hug when I apologize for my little outburst. Brian=awesome.

25 week update coming in 2 days...

3 comments:

Emilie said...

So what kind of cereal are you into these days??

That's awesome about Brian, sounds like he's a sweet guy.

Emilie said...

So what kind of cereal are you into these days??

That's awesome about Brian, sounds like he's a sweet guy.

Danielle said...

I was also trying to decide if I would get new cushions or just covers for my glider. My father just gave me one. Let me know how that turns out! Annnddd ditto on the hormones all of a sudden!