Tuesday, November 18, 2008

26w 1d

First things first, to the left you will notice an ExpectNet poll, click on that and make your guess about when Baby Bria will make her appearance, how much she'll weigh, and her height. Brian and I both weighed 6 pounds when we were born (plus some ounces), I am not sure how long we were though, I think I was around 19 inches? That is all the information I know at this point that may help you with your guess :)

Things are still going really well and I'm feeling great. The main thing that reminds me I'm pregnant (besides the belly) is how my back and feet start hurting after just a little bit of activity. My back is absolutely killing me and my feet feel like they are on fire when I do any type of activity, cleaning for example. But after a good rub from the hubby and some sleep the aches usually subside. I do notice my tail bone hurts after just a little bit of sitting, which in my job is pretty much what I do-sit.

I have pictures of the star we painted, er, Brian painted. Here he is priming it after it was sanded a little:
And here it is after the final coat of pink spray paint:

All hung up in the nursery above the changing table, I love it:

I think I want to spray paint some letters for above her crib the same color. Originally I was just going to leave them white, but I love the pink so much and I want it to match. I don't actually have the letters yet, but we found really cute ones at a Craft Store in Corvallis that I think we may get.

Bria has been quiet the last few days, I still feel her kick and squirm throughout the day, but she is just not doing her full out "routine" or at least I can't feel it if she is. I wish I knew how she was laying in there, if I had to guess I'd say she was actually head down (or maybe I'm just being hopeful, although I know it's too soon to worry) with her feet close to my right side-so maybe her back is on the left side? Who knows. I just feel tiny little movements down low, and the stronger "kicks" up to the right of my belly button (on the left side from my perspective).
I've also started to feel when she punches my bladder, can babies do that for real? Every once and awhile I'll feel a sudden sensation that I am going to leak out and pee my pants, but fortunately my muscles thus far have prevented that and quickly contract to avoid any leakage. I'm thinking I should do kegels to avoid a pants wetting episode that I hear is common among pregnant women.

I am getting so anxious and excited to meet this little girl that I can barely stand it. The weeks are going by faster than they were before we found out the sex which I am grateful for. Although I know I need to enjoy this time, this is my FIRST pregnancy and I need to live it up. It's just so hard to not want her to be here already so I can see what she looks like. I am enjoying the pregnancy though, I feel great and am so thankful for that. It has really allowed me to think positively on the whole pregnancy experience.

I'm still proud of my Buddha belly and love to rub it, so does Brian. I think the big change in the last few weeks is how round it's getting, the size increase is more gradual now, which is good since I still have 14 weeks to go!
One from the front angle, it looks so much bigger when it's bare that's for sure.

I think that is all the updates for now :)

10 comments:

The Beavers said...

You are such a beautiful pregnant momma!!! Your blogs take me back to my pregnancy days. I lived on cereal too...unfortunately it was mostly sugary:( I can't wait to meet Bria...take care and tell Brian HELLO!!

flojat said...

Agh! Look at the gorgeous belly! You look so happy, sweets.

Silvina said...

I love the star, it looks beautiful. You look so cute with your belly. It's definitely getting bigger.

Emilie said...

Oh I love the star! Letters for her name would look great too! You look awesome Linds!!

Kari said...

I left a comment earlier, but for some reason it didn't take. Anyway, you are the most adorable prego girl ever! It's speeding right along!

Danielle said...

I love the star and the color! I can see why you'd want to do the letters the same way. Your belly is gorgeous!

Tara said...

I love the way the star looks in the room!
You are looking adorable with your baby belly!

Brandi said...

You have the cutest prego belly! There's a healthy baby girl in there, and she is going to LOVE her pink star.

Lindsay said...

You look great! ~LTF525

Sarah said...

Look at you, you sexy thing! Love the star. Sniff