Friday, December 5, 2008

Week 29

I had my first belly rub from a stranger! It was from a 7-11 cashier and she had a mustache, she leaned over the counter, rubbed my belly, and said, "Hi little baby." I smiled and kind of laughed, but then she took it too far- she told Bria to be a Duck fan-gasp! I was in my OSU jersey since we were heading to tailgate and apparently this woman was a Duck fan. Of all the nerve. It was funny though because the second she touched my belly I thought, "Oh, my first stranger belly rub, I have to put that in my belly book and blog about it!"

We also got our first Beaver gear for Bria! My mother-in-law got an adorable Beaver blanket for Bria and we are so excited. I can't wait to wrap her in it :)

Symptoms:

Feeling blah. I started to feel kind of blah around week 28, just not as happy as I have been this whole pregnancy. Not that there is anything wrong, but I think maybe my hormones are going through a shift or something. I've started to feel more normal the last few days, I think decorating the house for Christmas has really helped, and my upcoming baby shower on Saturday! Can't wait for the shower by the way, so excited.

Still chin acne. I want to scream, I always have at least 2 huge zits on my chin and it's driving me crazy. I have been so good about washing my face morning and night, step by step according to Acnefree, but those monsters still get through. They are getting bigger too, even Brian looked at me the other day and said, "Wow, that is quite the pimple you're growing." Hey, at least he was honest, and I couldn't blame him because it was large and in charge.

Lots of movement, every week I feel Bria more often and I cannot tell you how much I am loving it. She is most active in the mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and then in the evening. It is just the coolest thing ever and I know this will be one of the things I'll miss when I'm not pregnant. I can feel her roll around in there which usually makes me laugh because it feels so weird, even Brian got to feel her rolling over and couldn't believe how crazy it felt. Her little hiccups are funny too, it takes me a few minutes to realize that she is hiccuping because they are still muffled. I just love feeling her move.

The belly is feeling heavier that is for sure. I can see how the pregnant waddle came about, it would feel pretty good to waddle around right now, but I'll refrain for awhile yet.

Foods I am into right now:
Cereal, of course (Wheat Chex, Corn Chex, Lucky Charms, and Kix)
Banana Cream pudding
Nature Valley bars (peanut butter and regular)
Green Apples (still)
Chocolate-plain M&M's have been on my mind a lot

11 more weeks until my due date, wow. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Baby:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

29 week belly picture

7 comments:

Shannon said...

L- seriously, when did you get to be 29 weeks?! Thats a great picture!

Marissa said...

ok so this is going to sound really strange but try aquavelva :) When Jordan was at boot camp his drill sergeant suggested it to the boys and it really does work!

I hate to admit it but I put it on my face each night. I think the acne is from going off birth control for me but I had the same thing happen, breakouts on my chin. I also started making sure I washed my hands really well each night since I tend to cradle my face in them while I sleep.

Don't know if that will help at all but I know how you feel and I just couldn't keep my tricks to myself :)

Danielle said...

I can't believe how fast this is going! You look gorgeous. Don't worry, I have been having good days and bad days too...it's good you are keeping a positive frame of mind because soon it will all be over and you'll have Bria in your arms to hug!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! I have been thinking of you and wondering how far along you are now. You are just too cute! Can't wait to read your birth story and see pics of Bria (love the name, btw) when she gets here!

Brandi said...

You are so stinkin' cute! And don't worry- Bria will never be a DUCKS fan *shudder*

L said...

You Look Stunning! Seriously sports bra & all.

Ro @ Ro is me! said...

"Congrats" on your first stranger belly rub! You look great, Lulu!