Friday, December 19, 2008

Week 31

Symptoms

The week started out pretty good, but half way through I started feeling nauseous and uncomfortably full. I also experience shortness of breath often-It feels kind of like asthma, my chest gets really tight and I start taking more frequent breaths. It happens when I'm just sitting down relaxing which is kind of weird, I just attribute it to the fact that she is getting bigger and longer so she's stretching upward, and sitting down probably scrunches her.

Bria has been getting the hiccups more often which is pretty funny, sometimes they last quite awhile. I can feel when she stretches out because both sides of my stomach will be pushed out and it feels like she's going to come through the side! It's usually just a quick stretch but it definitely catches me off guard.

At night if I stretch too much or move too fast I get this stabbing pain on the right side of my stomach, it made me gasp out in pain the other night and I had to breath through it. Maybe they are the round ligament pains I've heard about?

The other night we were in bed ready to fall asleep and Brian rested his hand on my belly, he couldn't believe how much she was moving. He was like, "How do you sleep with her moving around so much?" I just laughed and said the hiccups interrupt my sleep more than her moving, the moving actually kind of comforts me. I liked that he got to feel how much she moves at night.

Nesting. I was putting away the laundry and decided that I just had to organize Brian's sock drawer, I just had too. Well, let me tell you, it's a good thing I did because...wait, no, there is no reason that someone HAS to organize a sock drawer. It's definitely the nesting :-) I also re-organized some kitchen cupboards and moved the baby cupboard to a different one-didn't I say I was going to do that? ;) We'll see how long it last where it currently is, as of right now I'm really happy with it-I think.

Big. I'm feeling bigger that's for sure. Fortunately I'm not sleeping too bad these days even with my 2 potty breaks and big belly. I'm not complaining about 2 potty breaks either because I know other women have a lot more trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. However, during the day I go about every hour. Sometimes I'll go to the bathroom and no joke, 15 minutes later I have to go again.


Baby:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


7 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, L! You look so cute, I love your belly!

And I like your nesting tendencies. Of COURSE you need to organize Bria's socks, I would too! :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

I love stalking your blog. You are the CUTEST pregnant person ever! I can just feel your excitment in your writing. Almost makes me want to have another baby...oh, wait - I already have one! Good idea on stocking up on those diapers. Buy lots of Size 3 boxes...I don't know about other people's kids, but my babies seem to stay in those for a really long time.

Congratulations and best wishes. You look so beautiful.

-Debbie

Jeannie @ Living Loving Crafting said...

What a cute belly!!! I can't believe you're already 31 weeks!!
I can't wait to feel the hiccups! I can just imagine how wonderful it feels when the baby moves. What a wonderful gift!!

Carly said...

seriously- you are the most adorable pregnant woman ever :)

Lindsay said...

Look at that belly! So cute!

Robyn Baird said...

This pregnancy has gone by so fast it seems. I'm so excited for you. I love how you are taking it all in and enjoying the whole experience. You look so freaking adorable pregnant, it's not fair!

flojat said...

Wow...look at that adorable belly! I can't believe you're at 31 weeks already...so great!