Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 18

Symptoms:

Happiness :) I am just so excited to be pregnant and can't wait to meet the little person that is growing inside me. Although I don't feel them often, the tiny nudges and kicks are amazing.
Things are going well, just plugging along. I feel like the last 3 weeks have gone by terribly slow, but that may be due to our big appointment next Thursday that we simply can't wait for. We haven't seen the little one since week 10, that was a long time ago! I pray everything is good and healthy with the baby. I also hope we get the money shot so we can see if we're having a son or daughter.

I'm starting to get hungry more often, I still have small meals but an hour later I'm hungry again. So I snack a lot throughout the day and try to make it healthy snacks, I'm loving green apples right now. I don't have any weird cravings, I enjoy scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast lunch or dinner, but that's always been a favorite meal of mine.

*Warning: This paragraph is about boobs (mine, to be specific):
I do enjoy my bigger boobs and Brian isn't complaining either. I know most people still wouldn't consider them large, but they are to me! They aren't too sore right now like they were at the beginning of the pregnancy, but I know that won't last so I told Brian to take advantage while he can ;)

I had more nerve pain in my lower back on my left side for a few days. It wasn't horrible, but it was embarrassing when my leg gave out because of the pain. It has since gone away, but I know it'll be back with a vengeance.

I'm still squeezing into my jeans, although that doesn't mean I haven't gained weight. I'm just trying to get as much use out of them as I can since once I have to wear maternity clothes I'll get tired of them quickly. No muffin top though, don't worry. My sister gave me a pair of maternity jeans that fit me great, some days I almost wear them because of how comfortable they are, but then I remind myself I'll be wearing those everyday for awhile so just to hold off. I am in need of more shirts so I may have to make a quick Old Navy and Target run this weekend. Hopefully there are some sales going on :)

My hair is shedding like crazy. Seriously, how do I still have hair left on my head? Somehow I do and it's growing fast, I may take an inch or two extra off at my next hair appointment. Speaking of, I need to make that appointment.

I need to wrap up my research as we'll be registering next Thursday! We might purchase the bedding set so we can get the room started, but we'll see. I feel like I want to do a lot of registering online since there is more of a selection. Plus, I'm remembering how much "fun" Brian was when we registered for the wedding, it might be better to do some of it myself or with my mom and sister. If he's in a good mood than he'll be patient and have an opinion, otherwise he just stands there and waits for me to make a decision only adding things like, "Sure," "Ok," "That's fine." These may sound great, but it's his way of hurrying the process and I don't like that. So let's cross our fingers he's in a good mood next Thursday, he better be after we find out the baby is healthy and we're having a son or daughter!


Baby:
Head to rump, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, although he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.


Belly Picture:

6 comments:

Silvina said...

OMG Lindsey, your belly is so freakin cute!!! I love it. Your definitely showing girl. I love to read about how your doing with the pregnancy. GL next Thursday.

Shannon said...

AWWWW! I love your baby belly, you look great! I am so excited for your big u/s and cant wait for you and Brian to find out the sex!

Marissa said...

What a cute belly!! I bet you are so anxious for the big day to come, hopefully you get that money shot!

Kari said...

I can't believe you can still squeeze into your jeans! Mine didn't fit at this point with my daughter by any means! Good for you! You look adorable, by the wya.

Sarah said...

Look how gorgeous you are girl! Congrats. Sniff

Meg said...

You look great! I think you're having a girl. :)