Sunday, September 21, 2008

17w 6d

I'm 17 weeks 6 days today :)
My body is fighting off a cold and I hope it wins. I started feeling sick on Friday, sore throat and headache all day at work. I chugged down water like it was going out of style and I think it helped because Saturday I was feeling a little better, just had a stuffy nose. Still have a plugged up nose today but that may be a pregnancy symptom.

I feel like I popped this week, my 18 week photo really shows that. I will post in the next few days so stay tuned ;)

I am so excited that I am almost halfway through the pregnancy, yay! Only 22 more weeks (give or take a few) until we get to meet this little person growing inside me, I just love thinking about it. My friend Tiff gave me some baby clothes that Maggie has already outgrown, 0-3 months. I also have a few items that Jaime and Anna (stepmom) gave me. I have the clothes sorted in 3 piles: boy, girl, neutral. I absolutely love looking at those tiny clothes. Obviously I've always thought baby clothes were absolutely adorable, but now that I'm pregnant it is crazy to think my little one will be wearing those cute clothes. I just love it.

Only 10 more days until we get to find out the sex!! I really hope our little one cooperates so we can see the money shot, please don't be shy baby-we want to get your nursery all set up. Brian and I both took the day off so we can go out to lunch and celebrate and then get started on registering. Maybe we'll pick up a cute outfit or two, if I can get Brian to loosen the purse strings ;)

I wanted to take some pictures of the nursery before we start to work on painting and decorating:

From the door:
To the right when you walk in (we plan to recover the glider):
Standing in front of the closet (crib is on the right side):
Standing by the crib, looking at the changing table:
View from the glider:
Standing by the changing table:


It's not a huge room, but we will make it work. I can't wait to see what it looks like as the end product. I'm thinking the walls will be a tan/mocha color, boy or girl. Then on 1 or 2 of the walls doing thick vertical stripes in the same color, but a glossy finish. Anna did that for Cassidy's room and I really liked it. It's subtle, but adds just a little something extra.
I have to say thank you to Tasha for letting me in on the Walmart info. I never even thought to look at Walmart since I was trained as a business student to dislike it due to their business process'. Anyway, I love finding a good deal and I even found another bedding there that I might like for a girl. Either way Tasha, we have good taste :)
I think I may have started feeling the baby. It doesn't feel like a "flutter" like I thought it would, it's more like a twitch inside my tummy. I felt it last night and it came every 5-10 seconds for quite awhile, hiccups maybe? I was pretty excited, I hope it was the baby, either way I like to think it was :) I've felt it a few times since then and I get the biggest grin on my face and start talking to the little one.
One of my favorite things is when Brian puts his hand on my belly. We'll be lying on the couch, or standing around talking to friends and he'll start rubbing it. I just love it. I can't wait for him to feel him/her kick. I told him to be prepared because I might wake him up in the middle of the night to feel the little one, he said he was more than ok with that.
Alright, I'm going to get on with my Sunday chores. I'm hoping to update more frequently than weekly as I don't want to leave out anything!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

The bedding is really cute! We havent gotten our crib yet and we dont have a glider. There are tons of things to buy, but I feel like we are moving along as we should. I am amazed that you were able to do your Sunday chores. I found it hard to get off the couch today. It was tough!