Wednesday, September 24, 2008

18w 2d

I had my appointment yesterday, it went very well. I did much better this time when I gave my urine sample, I was so proud. The actual appointment went very quickly, I asked if I could get a flu shot and she said they actually recommend it since a pregnant woman's immune system is not as strong. Then we heard the heartbeat, which she found right away. I really wanted to put that doppler in my purse because I could listen to that heartbeat all day long. So if you want to get me a present then a doppler would be great ;)
Afterwards Marna took me out to dinner which was really sweet of her. We had a good time talking about baby stuff and she told me her labor and delivery stories. All I have to say is I hope mine are as quick as hers!

I felt a good strong kick last night when I was talking to Brian, it made him jealous and want to feel the baby. Hopefully it's not too much longer until he can. I know he'll just love it. I'm hoping to feel more kicks as right now they just come a few times a day at random times.

So I'm not sure what month I'm in, am I in the 5th month? The book What to Expect When You're Expecting says approximately 18-22 weeks is the 5th month, but a booklet I got from the doctor's office says the 4th month is from 16-20 weeks, so I wouldn't start my 5th month until week 20. It's all so incredibly confusing, I just think it's easier to say how many weeks I am, but a lot of people give me a puzzled look, pause and then ask, "So how many months is that?" Your guess is as good as mine, lol!

I'm feeling great and trying to relish in this as much as possible. I still have a stuffy nose but such is pregnant life and it's easy to deal with when you think of the little one growing inside you.

1 week and 1 day until we find out the sex!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

i'm sure Tom Cruise would let you borrow his doppler! :)

Sweet Peas Doula said...

Waiting to find out what kind of baby you are having is torture -- definitely remember those feelings.

Enjoy those heart tones in the office (maybe you could record it somehow). Just like ultrasound waves, a doppler sends VERY loud tones into your body, so you definitely don't want baby exposed to that very often. I know some people rent dopplers, but once you start feeling baby move more often, you'll have lots of reassurance and lots to enjoy.

Glad you are enjoying your pregnancy. It is such a special time.

Amy (mama nirvana -- sorry, I'm signed into my other account).