Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week 17

Symptoms:

Sciatic nerve pain-ouch! I was hanging out in the kitchen cleaning up a bit and about fell over when I got this pinching pain in my lower back on the right side. I've heard when things move around in there that nerves can get pinched so I am pretty sure that is what it is, but it's true I'm not a doctor so technically can't diagnose myself. Although isn't it early for sciatic nerve pain, maybe it's just a nerve. Who knows, either way it was there for a few days but thankfully it's almost all gone. I feel it a little when I bend over, but nothing compared to what it was. The only remedy was lying on my side with a pillow in between my legs. You can imagine that is tough to do at work, I so wish I could've worked from home. Oh well, it's all worth it.

My next appointment is coming up, the weekly check up. I'm excited to pee in a cup. No wait, I'm not excited to pee in a cup because I suck at that. I'm excited to hear the heart beat! And I like that Marna will get to hear her little grandbaby's heart beat too. Only 2 weeks until we know what we are having!

Other than that I'm pretty boring. Things are going well. I continue to get excited when I look at different things we will need for the baby. My kind and generous sister, Jaime, has 3 wonderful children and her family is complete. Since she has no use for baby stuff any longer, she gave us her crib, changing table, playpen, Baby Bjorn, toys, and more toys. We are so fortunate, that is a huge savings. So the nursery is just waiting for bedding to be added, clothes to be hung, finishing touches to be made, and of course, a baby.

As far as maternity clothes I'm still scraping by with what I have, trying to save money. When I mentioned to Brian that I may need bras he asks if I can borrow them from Jaime. I love that he is willing to spend money eating out all the time, but he doesn't want to fork over some money for my expanding breasts that are housing the food for his child! Sheesh.

I don't think I have felt any movement yet, but maybe I have and just didn't know what it was. I'm looking forward to feeling little flutters and kicks :)

Thanks for the belly pic reminder Jenny. I had all these great thoughts when I first started this blog that I would take belly pics every other week until about week 16 and then start doing every week. Man the weeks can go by fast! But I really do want to get better about taking weekly belly pics as the baby is suppose to double in size over the next 4 weeks! My photo this week looks the same as week 14, I think I had just eaten dinner in the week 14 belly pic.

Baby:
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


Belly picture:



5 comments:

Jenn said...

Your belly is so small and cute, but it will be even cuter when you start to really see the baby grow! I have not posted all the pictures from every week, but have gotten pretty much every week since like week 8 or 9. Anyway, write yourself a note to do it because it is really neat to go back and see the difference in size...even if it was a small difference.

Emilie said...

Im so glad you poseted. I was just thinking about you tonight. Not in a freaky stalker way. :)

Im glad that you're doing well, sorry to hear about the back pain. Hopefully that doesn't last long.

You have such a cute little bump. It will be exciting to see you and baby grow! Have you talked about any names?

Lindsey - I decided we need to meet! haha!

Update again soon!

tegner two said...

thanks lou! i feel like i haven't seen you in person in a really long time, so i needed that;) love you to pieces...and the growing baby bump!

Tasha Coltrin said...

Ok so your belly is so small. It is so cute. So FYI I love your girl bedding that you picked out that is what I have picked out, but I'm getting my from Walmart. It is only $99.99 ( so if you go to their website you will see that :) just FYI) I just about died when I came to your blog and saw that is what you have picked. We must have good taste. :) I hear you about the sciatic nerve pain. Sorry to say that is only gets worse at the end. I'm dying. :) Well, I hope all is well. I miss ya and I'm so glad you have this blog can't wait to find out what you are having. :) Love ya

Jensen Five said...

I had to laugh when Brian suggested you borrowing my bras! Tell him I no longer have my maternity/nursing bras so he's going to have to splurge! I am so glad you posted a belly pic. I, too, have been waiting for more!