Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 16

Symptoms:

So far so good, things are about the same. I am noticing at night that I can't eat as much because I get that uncomfortable full feeling pretty easily. But I do eat breakfast, snacks, lunch, and more snacks so I think a small dinner is still plenty. Still no new cravings, just trying to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I am eating lots of fruits but I have to say my vegetables are lacking a little now. I enjoy cooked asparagus so I think I'll get some to help fill my quota.

I think since I have very little symptoms and my belly still looks like a pot belly to me that I feel like the last few weeks have gone by really slow. On one side I feel like I've been pregnant for a really long time (can you imagine how I'm going to feel at 7, 8, and 9 months?!). But on the other side I think to myself how long I've been wanting and praying to get pregnant and it's finally here, I'm actually pregnant and soon we get to find out the sex!
I LOVE reading pregnancy blogs and labor stories, I can't get enough. So if you know of any let me know :)

Brian isn't going to the next monthly appointment since our big u/s is just 2 weeks later. I asked his mom if she wanted to go with me so she is going to join me :) I made sure that Brian informed her we won't get to see the baby or anything just hear the heartbeat. He said she was still very excited and can't wait. There is a chance our kids are the only grandchildren she'll have (depends on Sara-Brian's twin, no pressure though, lol), so I want to include her in this journey. Plus, she was a nurse before she retired and I always love to have a medical professional on my side, hehe. I asked my mom if she wanted to come as well but she says she'll make it to another one, she wants Marna to enjoy this one.

I've been reading my Baby Bargains book and looking online for some things. I think I want the Chicco travel system, where the car seat snaps right into the stroller. That is the one Brandi had and I took it for a test ride and loved it, it's easy to steer and easy to use. I also have been brainstorming colors for a girl or boys room. I'm thinking for a girl we'll do pink and brown. That is really popular right now and while I don't like to copy, I just love the colors together. This is one of my favorite bedding sets for a girl. I really like this one for a boy. Who knows, once we find out the sex I'll start more serious searching. We don't plan on going crazy with paint, just a neutral color, then we'll use the decorations to nursery-it-up. For diaper bags we are going to keep it kind of sporty, so Brian can carry it. I LOVE this one. It's a perfect mix of sporty and cool which I love, plus it has orange which is a plus since we're Beaver fans :) I still plan to get a smaller one for me to carry around for little outings and that one will be more girly and cute.

Baby:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length . Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too.

Little One:

4 comments:

Silvina said...

I'm glad your MIL will be going with you. I'm glad she's excited to be there and just hear the hb.

Love the bedding sets. I love the pink and brown together.

GL at the appointment.

tegner two said...

more belly pics please!

Kris and MaLanie said...

I love both the boy and girl bedding sets! Pink and brown is SO cute for a girl. I can't wait for you to find out the sex!

Jenn said...

This is jennluvsjerry from the nest. I have a blog, which includes my pregnancy, so if you would like to read about it, just let me know your email. Mine is mrsfootball79@yahoo.com.