Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 15

Symptoms:
Feeling good this week, nothing too monumental to report. Still feel a little tired but that could just be me being lazy.
We went to Motherhood Maternity to get a belly support thing for my back. I know it is way too early, but I have a sway back which means my lower back is already under pressure. I haven't started wearing it because it just feels too soon, Brian is very adamant that I start wearing it early to try and help alleviate some of the inevitable back pain. I kind of like that he's so bossy about it, just proof that he cares :)
I'm still able to wear my jeans without having to unbutton them. All my jeans have room in the waist because my junk is big so I have to buy my jeans one size bigger to fit it in. My shirts are causing the problem, I need longer shirts to cover the pot belly. I borrow from my mom and I bought 2 long shirts which has helped.
Brian has been referring to the baby as a girl now so I have no idea what he thinks it's going to be. Oh well, only 3 1/2 weeks until we find out!

Baby:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Mommy! Old Nay is having a big sale on baby and maternity items. You should check them out. Hope you are getting plenty of rest :o)
Austin sends kisses your way.

LuLu said...

I'm running to Old Navy! Thanks for the tip hun. And my heart is melting from baby kisses, muah.

Shannon said...

Excuse me, where have I been that you are 16+ weeks? Wow! I cant wait until you find out the sex of the baby, Im so excited for you guys :)