Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 14

Symptoms:
So our appointment last week went good, we heard the heartbeat with the doppler, we even heard the baby kick a few times. The little one kept moving around so the doctor had to keep chasing it around. It was wonderful to hear the heartbeat and I think I slept a little better that night.
She told me to stop sleeping and exercising on my back, the reason has to due with lack of oxygen to the baby. So it's just side and tummy sleeping for me, although the belly sleeping may not last too much longer. I have been loving my body pillow, it feels good and helps sleeping on my side more comfortable. Oh, and no pilates.
My energy level has gone down a little. We went to Washington for a few days and saw some friends, I seriously was falling asleep by 10 pm and sleeping until 8 or 9 am. I felt like such a party pooper but I could not keep my eyes open for the life of me.
I am still liking vegetables, celery to be specific. I know that doesn't have a lot of nutritional value but hey, it counts. Steak is not so appetizing, which is weird for me. It's not that it sounds gross, but it just doesn't sound good. Brian swears his kid will like steak though.
Brian thinks the baby is a boy, and I think it may be a girl. Although I did have a dream last night that we found out it was a boy, we'll see if my dream was accurate. 5 more weeks and we find out! We really don't care either way, we are just praying for a healthy baby and can't wait to start the nursery.

Baby:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam.

Belly pic (it's getting big! Please excuse the crazy hair)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, you look great in your belly pic, so cute :)

Silvina said...

Very cute belly. I won't forget your big u/s date, it's my wedding anniversary. I'll have to see if it's a boy or a girl.

ALC Wedding Photography said...

where the baby bump??? lol soooo cute!!!

Danielle said...

Your belly looks just like mine!