Monday, August 11, 2008

Week 12

Symptoms:
I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open to write this. I want to sleep all.the.time. I've also started to get headaches which sucks, Tylenol is not my pain reliever of choice, but of course it is while I'm pregnant.

Felt a little nauseous in the beginning which I wasn't expecting, that's ok though, it's worth it. I did crave vegetables on Tuesday! All day at work I was thinking about celery, broccoli, carrots, and dipping them in yummy ranch. I had carrots and cucumbers at home so I stopped by the grocery store and picked up the rest. I got home and vegged out, it was awesome and I'm thrilled to be craving healthy stuff. Talking about it makes me wish I brought some to work, dang.

Tuesday was also the day I took out my belly button ring. It was time, even though I'm sad that chapter of my life is over, it is more than worth it and I'm so happy for the next chapter. One week until our 2nd appointment yay!

I still haven't told work, eeks. I'm not sure why I'm delaying so much, I'm not afraid of their response as I'm sure they'll be happy for me. I don't know, I just need to tell them because I think I'll feel relieved.

Time seems to be going slow these days, and I hear it will only get worse in my 3rd tri. Since I'm not really showing (although my layer of fat and bloat makes it look like a baby belly) and my symptoms are lessening it just feels surreal. Also we aren't purchasing any baby stuff until we find out the sex so I think that adds to the feeling of, "Is this real or am I dreaming?" Soon enough I'm sure I'll get that belly and it will feel more real. In 3 days (13 weeks 3 days along) I'll be in my 2nd trimester, yay! The first trimester has definitely been a stressful rollercoaster, every odd symptom was scary to say the least. I know that will continue and I will stress about different things as the pregnancy goes on, but hey, one trimester down, woo woo!

Baby:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Baby:

1 comment:

Cami said...

Hopefully the sleepness goes away soon. I remember the second trimester being great.