Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week 9

Our first appointment was today!!!! We had an amazing appointment and found out I'm a little ahead of what I originally thought, what great news :-) I thought I was 9w 4 d today, but I measured at 10w 1d. We saw our little one moving about and oh what a sight that was. Then we got to hear the heartbeat, hands down best sound ever. We both got a little teary when we heard that heartbeat beating away, music to our ears. The heartbeat was beating at 158 bpm. It's real, we're having a baby!
We got pictures from the u/s that I'll have to scan at my mom's and then I'll post. It was the greatest day.

Symptoms:
Alright, so week 9 as it would've been went pretty smoothly, I was feeling good. Then Sunday came (which would be the end of week 9) and I got the flu along with many others from our fun family reunion in Arizona.
Honestly, the reunion was a blast, just not getting the flu ;) So I was throwing up all day Sunday, as were Jenny and Kyle and other members of our extended family. Jenny, Kyle, Brian, and I all had to fly out that night which we of course were not looking forward to. So we are in the security line and luckily Jenny brought a big ziplock bag with a brown paper bag inside it. She needed it. She started throwing up in it so the 3 of us stood around her to cover her up. As she was finishing up I realized I was about to pass out and started walking towards the garbage, Jenny pushed me the rest of the way and I began throwing up. So the 3 of them now covered me up. At this point we were kind of laughing (well after I finished violently throwing up my stomach bile) because we couldn't believe what a mess we were. We debated trying to catch another flight but decided we wanted to be home. So we pressed on and made it home. What a memory it was!
Monday was pretty bad, I didn't throw up but I was incredibly nauseous all.day.long. And today is the same, I feel so sick. I'm wondering if it's morning sickness though since Jenny and Kyle are doing better. I haven't really eaten the last 3 days because food sounds disgusting. But I'm trying to stuff down crackers and wheat chex and luckily I can still stomach my prenatal vitamin. The family at the reunion was so excited that we were pregnant and gave us lots of congratulations. I told them how good I was feeling and I'm thinking that's why I'm nauseous now ;)

Baby:
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

Little One:

Belly Picture:

No comments: