Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 8

Symptoms:
Earlier in the week I was feeling pretty rough, very nauseous. On Tuesday the 15th (our 2 year anniversary) I started dry heaving very painfully. Up until this point I have not dry heaved, I don't care what I said, I was merely just gagging. But last Tuesday, I was actually dry heaving, my nose was running into the toilet and I couldn't stop, it was so painful. I finally got a little to come up and felt better which was a relief. The funny thing is that while I was bent over the toilet the only thing I could think was, "This is so worth it, as long as our baby is ok I will do this as much as I need to." Call me crazy but that is what I was thinking.
The weekend went great though. We went camping at Detroit Lake with my Mom & Randy, and the Jensens, we had a great time. I didn't feel sick at all, just really tired. Of course I started to worry that something is wrong because I'm feeling fine, but I think I just need to thank my lucky stars :)
Jenny made the cutest tank top for me for the reunion. Our reunion this year is Pirates of the Caribbean so she thought we could announce our pregnancy by doing a shirt. I got a white tank and she ironed on a little thing that says: "Lil matey coming soon..." It is absolutely adorable and I'm so excited! Thanks sis, you are the best. I'll post a picture of it later.
Our appointment is 1 week and 1 day away, I am so flippin' anxious to see the little one.

Baby:
New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone.

Little one at 8 weeks:
Belly picture (coming soon...)

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

That is how I always felt when I waas sick. I just remembered it was so worth the cause. I cramped for a good few weeks after I found out I was pregnant. It's completely normal. Try NOT to worry. I know, it's hard.