Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 5

Symptoms:
Pretty much the same as week 4, cramps and sore boobs. I feel pretty tired at times but that may just be me.
People we've told: Mom & Randy, Jaime & Schuyler, Dad & Anna, Jenny & Kyle, Sarah & Travis, Chris & Brandi, and Tracy Beaver. We are going to tell Brian's family tonight and I can't wait!
We got our first baby gift: 2 books from Chris and Brandi. Brandi and I went to Borders and she bought us The Baby Belly book which I am just thrilled to death about, she has one and I just love it! I already started filling it out of course. She also got us the Baby Bargain book which provides us ample information on everything we could ever want to purchase for baby. We had fun and it was so sweet of her.
It feels like I've been pregnant a lot longer than I actually have, I think because I am anxiously awaiting our first appointment (July 29th) when we get to see our little one. I simply cannot wait.

Baby:
Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests)... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

Our little one is the size of an appleseed

No comments: