Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's Official!

I took a pregnancy test on Friday and found out we're pregnant!! Brian and I could not be more thrilled.

Here's how it went down:
We were in Shasta for a week boating and camping with my mom, stepdad, and all their friends having a great time. It helped keep my mind off the impending period that I was hoping would not show up. This was our third cycle trying.
Wednesday, no period or spotting. Thursday, no period or spotting.Friday morning I woke up and told Brian I couldn't wait any longer, we had to go to the store NOW and buy a test, he completely agreed. So we drove to the store which was about 4 minutes away and bought both the pregnancy tests they had. We drove back to the campsite and I went to the restroom. Brian walked back the our site and went about packing the cooler for another day out on the boat. I used both tests and waited anxiously.
When I saw positives on both tests my heart stopped and my eyes got wide. My eyes started to get all teary eyed and the biggest smile spread across my face. I quickly stuffed the tests in my bag and walked in a fog back to Brian. I stopped before I got the campsite and called his name. He started walking towards me and I smiled so big at him. We hugged and cried, we're gonna have a baby!!!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

OMG LINDSEY!!!!!!

That is sooo exciting!!!

CONGRATS!!!