Friday, March 6, 2009

A few more tid bits



So of course after I posted the birth story I thought of a few other details that I don't want to forget. I blame my lack of detail on my little sleep.
1. The blood was apparently normal and just a result of dilating. The nurses kept saying it was a very good sign- I believed them and went about laboring.
2. Tina broke my water when I was 7 cm.
3. Bria was grunting a lot when she came out instead of crying. They kept using the little blue sucker on her but a few hours later she spit up some fluid in her bassinet so they decided to pump her stomach. They put a little tube down her throat, pumped some saline down there, and then pulled it all out. It did help but man I didn't like watching her gag, it broke my heart.

Okay, I feel better now. I think that is all the details, although I may think of more at the 3 am feeding.

Now that Bria is here, her journey in the womb is over which means this blog has served it's purpose. I still may do monthly updates on here, but for the most part I'm going to go back to the Holcombs Hideaway blog. I'm so glad I have this journal though, I don't want to forget what an amazing journey it was to bring little Bria into this world.

2 comments:

flojat said...

She's beautiful! Keeps those pictures coming!

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh- I didn't know about the stomach thing! It had to be so hard to see- but she is so perfectly fine now!!! So glad she's okay now :o)